Birchbox Review - July 2014

Its always nice to receive my Birchbox every month, as it's great to receive some new products to try out. This months box theme is Sun, Sea and Sand and here's a photo of the contents:
Birchbox Review - July 2014
I received the following:

  1. Weleda Millet Nourishing Shampoo (18ml - worth £0.84) - this shampoo is for normal hair and mine is dry.  I think it would be useful to put a shampoo and conditioner set in the box rather than just a shampoo, so that you can find out if the set works for your hair.  I definitely need to use a conditioner on my thick, curly hair.
  2. Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream (7ml - worth £9.33) - this is a nice enough product, but the problem is I have about 4 of them already as they have been in every single beauty box over the years.  I am a bit bored of Balance Me in beauty boxes (and also magazines) because it happens too often.  I think Balance Me are hurting their brand by being in so many beauty boxes.  The aim is surely to encourage you to buy the full size product, but it will take me ages to run out of the sample sizes of this eye cream that I already have.  Enough already with Balance Me products in beauty boxes (have I managed to make my point!!!!)
  3. Laqa & Co Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in Bees Knees (travel size - full size product costs £14) - I love the cheeky name of this product and the colour is a really pretty coral pink.  Sadly it's too sheer for me.
  4. Gilchrist & Soames English Spa Sea Kelp Extract Mineral Bath (40ml - worth £1.90) - this looks like the kind of product that you would find in the bathrooms of posh hotels.  It smells really nice, so I can't wait to try it in a relaxing bath. As I have been going through the products I have just realised that the packaging of this product is damaged and it's leaking, so I will have to chuck it as it's making a mess everywhere. UPDATE - Birchbox sent me a replacement product as soon as I emailed them.  Great customer service.
  5. Compagnie de Provence Mediterranean Sea Hand Cream (30ml - worth £5) - I am not a huge fan of hand creams as I always think they are a bit unnecessary when I use body lotions and moisturisers already. That being said, I know I will be able to use it so it's not a wasted product.  I am not keen on the packaging, it's a bit plain, like someone did it on their own computer and didn't put much effort in.
  6. Finally, the Lifestyle Extra is Ultradex Oral Spray (9ml - worth £3.65) - I already have this product, so I know that I will get some use out of it.
Overall this is an ok box, but does not really have a Sun, Sea and Sand theme if I am honest.  I would have expected to see something with an SPF, maybe a sun tan lotion or a self tan. 

If you are interested in subscribing here is my referral link http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=1387. If you subscribe, we will both receive 50 Birchbox points (worth £5). I find that the Birchbox points add up really quickly, as you can review the products that you receive every month. I have used my Birchbox points to get some great products for free.

What did you receive in this months Birchbox?


Leighlee
I bought this box with my own money & no links are sponsored.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe