Showing posts from February, 2018

DenTek Dental Products

I don't know about you, but I think it's really important to look after your teeth.  I have been to the dentist regularly all my life and apart from a few fillings, my teeth are pretty decent.  I would like them to be whiter, but at the moment I want to try whitening products before I go the whole hog and have my teeth whitened at the dentist (I am in the process of trying some whitening products out so will post about the results soon).  According to Dentek brushing teeth without flossing is comparable to cleaning  only 65% of the body leaving 35% untouched  and prime for bacterial growth. That being the case I was very happy to receive some dental products* to try out and they are all really easy to include in your daily dental routine.   DenTek Sensitive Extra Gentle Floss Picks* (with advanced Fluoride Coating) These are clinically proven to remove plaque as effectively as dental floss.  This product includes extra gentle floss, comfort pick and tongue cleaner.

Project Use It Up 2017 - Final Update

So last year I set myself a challenge to use up 10 products that I had ignored for ages (this is a belated update on that challenge).  I managed to use up 5 at the half year point which you can read about here but did I finish them all? Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Gold - I love this colour, but because I have hooded eyelids, I don't usually wear eye liner (although I own loads of them - go figure!).  FAIL I will admit that I have barely used this product, so it's not much different to when I started the challenge.  I do like this bronzey colour though, so I am not throwing it away just yet.  I will use it to attempt a smudgy, smoky eye going forward. Soap & Glory Hocus Focus Instant Visual Flaw-Softening Lotion - 30ml - I bought this in a box set during the Christmas sales a couple of years ago and have never used it.  I will mix this in with my moisturiser or foundation for a dewy glow.  FAIL I didn't manage to use it up although I did us

Lazy Girls Guide to...... Covering Grey

I'm terrible when it comes to colouring my hair.  I promise myself each time I colour my hair that I will keep on top of it and do it on a more regular basis so that my grey hair doesn't show, but I never do.  I don't have lots of grey hair just a steak on my parting that started in my twenties.  I'm not really bothered by it so there are times when it's on show as I really can't be bothered to colour my hair (I colour my hair at home not the salon).  Now when my grey starts peeking through I just fall back on the root concealer sprays that are readily available that cover my greys in less then a minute.  When they first came out I wasn't so keen as the first one I used as it just seemed to stain my scalp and seemed obvious I had used a root concealer spray, but nowadays they seem to work really well, take no more then a minute to spray on and last until you wash your hair.  At first I worried that it would run out of my hair if I got caught out in the rain

Customer Service Highs & Lows

Customer service can be so hit and miss so I wanted to highlight where I have received great customer service and where the customer service hasn't been so good recently. I will start with Glossier .  I have made a few orders since they arrived in the UK (you can read about the products that I bought here ) and I have referred a few people, so ended up with some store credit to use.  Unfortunately, the store credit was in US Dollars rather than Sterling, so I couldn't use it when I ordered through the UK site.  I emailed Glossier, to see if they could transfer the credit to sterling and within about 1 hour they had replied and transferred the credit into Sterling (on a £1 for $1 basis which I was not expecting).  Absolutely fantastic service.  A couple of days later I placed an order using the store credit and paid the remainder with my credit card, but there was an error right at the end saying that the order had not gone though (no idea why this happened).  I went to p

February Giveaway

For any fans of eyeliner this is the giveaway for you.  The prize is a selection of black eyeliners for you to try out and perfect your wings and flicks.  The giveaway is open internationally until 28th February and all you have to do is follow me on Twitter and retweet the pinned tweet about the giveaway here .  For an extra entry follow me on Instagram and leave a comment on the giveaway post here .  Here's what you can win: Ciate London Fierce Flicks  Eyeko London Skinny Liquid Eyeliner The Body Shop Smoky Eye Definer  Good luck everyone. Leigh