Project Use It Up 2017 - Final Update

So last year I set myself a challenge to use up 10 products that I had ignored for ages (this is a belated update on that challenge).  I managed to use up 5 at the half year point which you can read about here but did I finish them all?
Project Use It Up 2017 - Final Update
  1. Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Gold - I love this colour, but because I have hooded eyelids, I don't usually wear eye liner (although I own loads of them - go figure!).  FAIL I will admit that I have barely used this product, so it's not much different to when I started the challenge.  I do like this bronzey colour though, so I am not throwing it away just yet.  I will use it to attempt a smudgy, smoky eye going forward.
  2. Soap & Glory Hocus Focus Instant Visual Flaw-Softening Lotion - 30ml - I bought this in a box set during the Christmas sales a couple of years ago and have never used it.  I will mix this in with my moisturiser or foundation for a dewy glow.  FAIL I didn't manage to use it up although I did use it a few times but it wasn't a product I loved.  I also think it's been open a bit too long so it's time to get rid of it.
  3. Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Jelly - 30ml - Finished in my last post.
  4. Essie Mirror Metallics Polish in Nothing Else Matters - Finished in my last post.
  5. Laugh a Lot MAC Lipstick - I managed to break this lipstick on one of the first times that I used it, so I would love to finish it off.  SUCCESS I managed to use this up and its probably one of the only lipsticks I have used up.  I do like the colour though so although I wouldn't purchase it straight away as I have too many others to use up, I would purchase it again some time in the future.
  6. Another nail polish, this time a Glitter one OPI Excuse Moi! -  Finished in my last post.
  7. Marc Jacobs Lip GlossNot sure what this one is called, but it is a lovely glittery deep pink colour.  I have had this one for a while and it's a gorgeous colour, so I want to use it more often. FAIL I have to admit that I have been pretty good at using this as it's such a pretty colour, but there is still  a quarter of the product left.  I'm sure I will finish this before the end of this year.  The shade is called Lust for Life by the way.
  8. Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum Pen - I picked this up in TK Maxx for a bargain price, and it's sitting in my bathroom unloved, so this one has to go on the list.  I did use this all up a while back not one of my favourite products so not one I would repurchase.
  9. Honest Beauty Magic Balm - Finished in my last post.
  10. EOS Lip Balm - Finished in my last post.
So all in all I'm pleased with how I did.  I did make an effort to use all these products and there was just a couple I didn't quite use up.  I'm not doing a challenge like this again this year as I'm just trying to use up my products in general and have quit all my beauty boxes, so I'm not bringing quite so much new products into my stash.



Leigh
I bought these products with my own money

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe