Salt Spray Review - Great for curly haired girls like me

I have curly hair and I have to admit that it's been the bane of my life for many years, yet I am too lazy to straighten it regularly as that requires too much time and effort. I have thought about having it professionally straightened by a hairdresser, but I have yet to find a salon or a hairdresser that I would trust to do this (its hard enough finding a hairdresser that can cut curly hair, let alone someone I want to let loose straightening it permanently).  Therefore, I have spent many, many years searching for products that can tame my frizzy locks.  So when I find products that improve the look and manageability of my hair, then I definitely want to share.

One of the products that I really rate at the moment is salt spray (aka surf spray). When I originally tried these products a few years ago, I was dreaming of changing my curls into a tousled mass of waves.  What I actually ended up with was crispy, crinkly spiral curls.  Not really a good look (or feel!) I am sure you will agree.  So I decided these types of products weren't for me and moved on.

Fast forward quite a few years and I bought a product called Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray and when I used it on my hair I was pleasantly surprised at the results.  I presume the formula's of these products have improved over the years, because I now prefer them to using mousse and hairspray.  They seem to tame the frizz in my hair, whilst keeping the curls loose and long and more importantly, the curls are in no way crispy.

The sprays that I am using at the moment, that I really like are:

Sea Salt Spray Charles Worthington Rough & Tousled Salt Spray & Umberto Giannini Grunge Glamour Tousled Salt Spray
Charles Worthington Front Row Rough and Tousled Salt Spray (£8.75 for 150ml).

Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Grunge Glamour Tousled Salt Spray (£6 for 200ml here.

If you want to try making your own sea salt spray then check out this youtube video by Pinksofoxy here.

Let me know if you have any recommendations for curly hair?

Anyway that's it for my daily posts this week.  I have had a great time posting every day so I hope you have enjoyed them.  Sadly its back to work tomorrow so I'll be returning to posting every Wednesday and Saturday.

Leighlee
I bought these with my own money


Comments

  1. I actually tried the Bumble & Bumble surf spray a few months ago and was really suprised at how much I liked it for my curly hair. I should look into some of these cheaper alternatives. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've yet to try a salt spray! Great review, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im curious with the salt spray . i might try one..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your curly-haired pain! I'd never thought to use a salt spray on them though, might give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. would this make straight hair curly? cuz thats what i'd love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. Sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe