Useful Products for Holidays

Hi all

I just came back from a much needed and long awaited (thanks to the Covid years) holiday in the Sunshine State of Florida.  Anyone who is familiar with Orlando, knows how hot and humid it can get so here are some of my favourite products to take on a summer holiday. 

Useful products for holidays

USB Handheld Fan - this was a new product to me and it was really handy to take around the Disney and Universal parks during the heat of the day.  Its small enough to carry in a small bag and means that when you are out and about and missing the delights of air-con, you can whip out this fan and get an instant cooling breeze on your face or back of your neck.  I wouldn't go on holiday without it now.  Its easy to recharge using a USB cable back in your hotel room on a night. Mine cost £12 from a little shop in Leeds, but they are available in lots of places like Amazon or in supermarkets.

Cooling Towels - Another new product to me and a total life saver when you are flagging in the heat. Its really easy to carry around as it comes in a pouch that you can clip to your bag. Simply wet the towel, wring it out and then flick or snap it 3 times to activate the coolness and then wrap the cool towel around your neck (its shaped like a scarf, just not as long). It stays cool for a good amount of time and when it starts to fade just flick it a few more times to reactivate it (you may need to wet it again if it has dried out). I bought a pack of 4 from QVC for £18.95 including postage and packing.

Havaianas Flip Flops - I love my Havaianas. I consider myself to have really sensitive feet that blister really easily, so I would never normally wear flip flops as I tend to get a blister between my toes, but Havaianas are really comfortable to wear (although I wouldn't wear them to walk around the Disney parks, I prefer Skechers for long walks) and they never give me a blister between the toes. You can pick them up reasonably cheaply at TK Maxx usually between £9.99 - 12.99 (they cost £20+ direct from Havaianas).

de Mamiel Altitude Oil - I suffer from travel sickness, so in addition to taking travel sickness pills on a flight, I also like to use this oil which you can dab under your nose or in my case I added a few drops to my face mask.  It helps to clear my head when I am feeling a bit sick and it also helps to prevent colds which I always seem to pick up on flights. Its also great for helping with nerves and anxiety if you are a nervous flyer. With its blend of essential oils including lavender and eucalyptus to minimise tension and clear your head, I find this is a great product for travelling. It costs £30 for 10ml from Cult Beauty.

J-Pillow - I find it really hard to relax and get comfy on flights, so when I heard about J-Pillow I had to give it a try.  Its a uniquely designed head rest pillow that also supports your chin, which means that you don't have to rest your head at an awkward angle when you are trying to sleep. It costs £34.95 from J-Pillow (its currently available at a discounted price of £24.95, but I don't know how long that will last). Its well padded with a really soft cover and it has a little strap with a press stud which you can attach to your bag, so it doesn't take up any of the precious space inside your travel bag. Its also machine washable.

Water shoes - if you are planning to go to water parks then I totally recommend water shoes (even to swim in) as I hate walking around on hard floors  (and also wet floors in changing rooms - yuck).  I swim in them as they are lightweight, although you can't always wear them on water slides. When its really hot outside it protects your feet from the hot floors when you are not in the water. I am a big fan of the water parks in Orlando, Typhoon Lagoon at Walt Disney World and Volcano Bay at Universal Studios are amazing, and water shoes help me get the most out of my day and protect my feet.  I bought mine years ago at a water park, but they are available at loads of shops online for a reasonable price.

That's all my tips for now, If you have any holidays booked this year, have a great time and let me know what your holiday essentials are.

Leigh💜

I purchased these products with my own money

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe