Sol de Janeiro Brand Review - My Thoughts on The Products

Sol de Janeiro first came to my attention due to the famous Brazilian Bum Bum cream.  Once I heard about it, I had to try it (mainly based on the interesting name).  Since then I have tried out a few more of their products so I wanted to let you know what I thought about the ones that I have tried.
Sol de Janeiro Brand Review - My Thoughts on The Products
First of all it has to be the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - £44 for 240ml or £18 for 75ml
This is probably one of the most expensive body creams I have ever purchased and I have to admit I bought the travel size version first as I didn't want to waste my money if such a hyped product turned out to be disappointing.  I needn't have worried as this product is simply divine.  I have already gone out and bought the full size version.  It's rich and creamy and smells like sun, sea and sand all rolled into one.  I could eat this it smells so good and even better it leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth.  This has to be one of my favourite body creams of all time.

Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel (not pictured) - £21 for 385ml
This is the shower gel equivalent of the bum bum cream.  It's rich and creamy and has a great lather and leaves skin feeling clean and thoroughly moisturised.  It also smells like summer beach holidays (having just checked the website it smells of salted caramel and pistachios (yummy).  I will definitely buy this product again.

Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance Mist - £18 for 90ml & £32 for 240ml
I bought the travel size of this product too and I am kind of glad that I did.  I really wanted to like this fragrance.  It tries to be the spray version of the bum bum cream, but doesn't quite pull it off.  It has a creamy, salty scent, but just comes off a little too artificial for my liking.  I don't hate it, but I don't think I would buy the full size version.

Finally, Brazilian Kiss Capuacu Lip Butter - £15 for 6.2g
I recently got hold of this in a Cult Beauty haul and I really love it.  It is weirdly big for a lip balm in stick form, but that's ok.  This lip butter immediately makes my lips feel soft and hydrated and smells faintly similar to the bum bum cream (much more subtle though).  This is great to carry around in my bag to keep my lips from getting chapped in this cold weather we are having.  The butter does not disappear from your lips straight away either.

Overall, I really like this brand and cannot wait to try out more products. I bought all these products from Cult Beauty.  I usually wait for a goody bag offer so that I can treat myself and at the same time I get to try out a number of new high-end products that come in the goody bag.

What do you think of this brand?












Leigh

I bought these products with my own money


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe