July Birchbox Review

I used to be a beauty box junkie and at one point I subscribed to 5 different boxes (mental! I know).  Gradually each company disappointed me to the extent that I now only subscribe to Birchbox.  At the start of the beauty box phenomenon I was receiving some great stuff such as HD Brow products, Zoya polishes and Neom candles.  Gradually it all went down hill and I started receiving the same products from each company, or there would be some great high value boxes from certain companies, but I would get the crappy cheap box.  In the end enough was enough and only Birchbox kept my interest
 
Today I received the July Birchbox and I am pretty happy with it.  This is the jet set box featuring products from places like France, Australia & the US.  What I like about Birchbox is that it almost always contains some products from brands that I have either never heard of or have not tried before and surely that's the whole point of beauty boxes.

So here's what I received today.

I am pretty happy with the box.  Here's a quick description:

Blanc Cachemire - A lightweight moisturising cream from Paris (15ml) - full size of this product would cost £54.75 (50ml) according to Birchbox - worth £16.42

theBalm Instain Long Wearing Powder Staining Blush - (0.5g) - this is such cute packaging like a book cover that opens although the mini blush is the size of a small eyeshadow so not sure how well it will apply, but looking forward to trying this out - costs £21.50 for full size product (5.5g) - worth approx £2

VitaBella Anti-ageing Face Mask - A hydrating treatment that restores and plumps tired, dull skin.  This looks like a really interesting product as it comes with a tablet sized mask which expands when you cover it with the oil - (13ml) - full size costs £59 for 4 bottles  - worth £14.75

Reverence de Bastien VolupTHE Hand Cream - (25ml) - Nourishing hand cream from mani/pedicurist to the stars Bastien Gonzalez - £12 for full size product - worth £12
 
Dead Sea Spa Magik Silky Smooth Body Lotion - (25ml) - this is the only disappointing product, not because I don't like it, but its been in so many beauty boxes in the past.  Its a bit like balance me products, I am just bored of seeing them in the boxes now.  I must have a stash of Dead Sea Spa products from various beauty boxes over the last year or so.  That being said I will definitely use this product.  £7.70 for full size product (350ml) - worth £0.55

The Lifestyle extra in this box is The Chia Co Shot - Bonafide superfood, packed with health boosting omega 3, protein and more.  Can be added to smoothies, yogurts, cereal etc - (8g).   I will definitely give this a try.  Price is £4.79 for 10 - worth £0.48
 
Overall I am happy with this box, especially as it only cost me £10 including postage and the contents of the box are worth approx £46.20.  If you want to subscribe now it costs £12.95 including postage.

The box also comes with a magazine and there is a leaflet which says that they are teaming up with Instyle for next months box which should be interesting.

Which beauty boxes do you subscribe to?
Leighlee


Comments

  1. its an awesome box! deffo do a review on the anti aging mask!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brigette I will definitely review some of the products on my blog. Have you entered my giveway? I will check yours out now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe