Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall

I recently spent the day at The Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall. The spa and hotel are close to the A1 near Sunderland in the North-East of England. They had a special offer to spend the day in the spa with use of all the facilities including a 35 minute facial and a 50 minute body massage for £125 which I thought was a good deal.  

We arrived at the spa at 8.45am and were greeted with a glass of cranberry juice or mineral water whilst we completed the medical forms. Then we were given a guided tour, after which we quickly changed into our swimming costumes and complimentary robe and slippers to go for a swim in the 20 meter indoor pool. I have to say the pool was lovely and so warm it was like swimming in a bath, it wasn’t crowded so we easily found a lounger around the pool to relax in, although there is so much to do we did not spend much time lounging around. Next we jumped into one of the two outdoor balcony hot tubs and even though it was really cold and windy outside we did not feel a thing once we were ensconced in the hot tub.

During the day we also made use of the Sanarium with crystal light therapy, the steam room with amethyst crystal, the sauna with quartz crystal, the hydrotherapy pool and I even braved the freezing plunge pools (twice with added ice!!! Crazy I know). I did not make use of the gym facilities as that’s not what I go to a spa for, but I am sure that they are nice.

For lunch we had a two course meal in the Pan Asian Ozone Restaurant. I chose the duck rolls to start followed by Szechuan chicken and I have to say they were both delicious. Others in my party enjoyed the Red Thai chicken and they chose some really lush desserts including Eton Mess and Chocolate Brownies. The two course meal was included in the price of the spa day.

The treatments were fab and very relaxing. The therapist comes and collects you from the waiting room and then goes through the treatment and asked about any issues that you were concerned with and then adapted the treatment to suit any concerns. They were very good and the treatment rooms were spacious and with a perfect ambiance.

The only disappointing part of the day was when someone with the same first name as me took one of my appointments even though their actual appointment was over 1 hour later than mine. It took the staff (at least 3 in total) over 30 minutes to work out what the problem was and then I had to take the appointment of the person that took mine. I just felt that it let the whole day down somewhat and I wasted about an hour of my spa time waiting around for someone to tell me what was going on. That being said the therapist was very apologetic about the whole thing and there is no point in letting something like that spoil what ultimately was a really lovely, relaxing day out. I would definitely go to Serenity Spa again and it would be nice to stay at Seaham hall overnight for a real treat.

It's definitely worth keeping an eye out on the website for similar deals throughout the year.

Leighlee
I paid for this with my own money

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe