In Your Eyes Film Review

I subscribe to Netflix, mainly to catch up on some TV series that I missed when they were on tv (Breaking Bad amongst others). One of the things that I struggle with on Netflix is finding good movies. I can’t count the amount of times that I have started watching a movie, but given up after half an hour because it just does not grab me. So when I find a great movie, I want to share it with everyone. 
In Your Eyes Film Review
One such movie is In Your Eyes. Written by Joss Whedon of Buffy fame, this is the story of 2 people from completely different worlds (one a wealthy doctors wife in New Hampshire, the other an ex-con trying to get on with his life after prison in New Mexico). Since childhood they have shared a telepathic link which they have barely been aware of, but years later this link suddenly becomes much more intense and they can see, feel and hear what is happening to the other, although they cannot read each other’s minds and they are able to break the connection at will. 

Both Dylan (Michael Stahl-David) and Rebecca (Zoe Kazan) are in vulnerable situations due to things that have happened in their past and after the initial shock of suddenly being hyper aware of the others’ lives, they build a bond and become a big part of the others’ lives without ever meeting. The chemistry between the main characters is amazing considering that they barely share a scene in the whole movie. I really rooted for these characters and enjoyed the movie so much that I have already watched it more than once. 

I really love a movie where you go into it without any expectations and it turns out to be one of those movies that I know I will watch again and again. This is a movie that had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2014 and then was immediately released online, so I just wanted to highlight it to you all as I find it difficult to find new and interesting movies on Netflix as there are so many available. 

Let me know if you have watched this film and what you thought about it and also if you have any recommendations of films to watch then please do let me know.

Leighlee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe