Final Update on My Challenges for 2014
Hey everyone, I'm back and I'm ready to get my blog on. You may (or not) have noticed that I haven't blogged much this year. I was ill just before Christmas and it really knocked me for six and to be honest it's taken me a while to get my blogging mojo back. I've been feeling pretty lazy for the first 2 weeks of the year, but now I'm ready for some action so hopefully I'll get back into posting at least twice a week from now on.
Back in December 2013 I set myself some challenges for 2014. I posted an update in July here and October here. Here's an update on my challenges.
- Watch 50 DVDs from my collection and then give them away. FAILED. This was a big fat FAIL I'm afraid as I ended up getting Netflix last year and watched more on that then DVDs. I'm going to try and get round to watching my DVDs this year as I want to declutter and I think I will have a few DVDs that I can get rid of.
- Sort out 100 items to get rid of (either sell, throw away or giveaway). This can be any type of item and is all part of the decluttering process. Completed.
- Read 20 books from my collection. I moved my original target from 10 to 20 (big mistake I got a bit cocky) and only managed 17 in the end. I'm happy with this amount as it's helped with my decluttering.
- Read 25 magazines (mainly bought for the free gifts). Completed
- Finish 100 beauty or toiletry products. Completed
- Lose 1 stone in weight (I really need to lose more, but this seemed an achievable target). After my final weigh-in just prior to the Christmas period I had managed to lose 9lbs over the year. I'm disappointed with this but to be honest apart from joining the gym I haven't really done anything else so I'm carrying this forward into 2015. This is a must try harder challenge.
- Pay off my credit card debt. I've paid off nearly 80% of the total balance. I'm pretty pleased with this, but I definitely need to watch what I spend this year. Luckily my credit card is interest free so I'm not paying any interest as long as I pay it off before the interest free promotion runs out.
- 30 day no spend. Completed. I managed to do 60 days no spend.
- Earn £50 from completing online surveys. Completed
- When the 30 day no spend is up I will adopt a 1 in 1 out policy. If I buy something that I don't need, then I will have to get rid of 1 similar item. I have failed this one as I haven't kept track of things, so this is one I did not complete. FAILED
- 50km on my exercise bike. Completed.
- Paint my nails a different colour at least once a week and use up 10 nail polishes. I realised early on that my nails were not in great condition so I decided to concentrate on improving the condition of them rather than completing this challenge. FAILED
- Sell 100 items on EBay (this is linked to challenge 2, but I am keeping it separate to keep track of how much I manage to sell). Completed.
- 30 days no chocolate. Completed
- 30 days no fizzy drinks. Completed
- Use up 100 samples of beauty products. Completed.
- No Junk Food for 30 Days. Completed.
- No Eating Out for 30 Days. Completed.
I think I did ok with my challenges last year. I definitely could have done better, but I'm happy with the amount I completed. In the end I completed 12 and failed 6. Not bad but I definitely could have done better. I feel like a report card would say needs to try harder. In hindsight some of the challenges were hard to keep track of and some of them I pretty much failed before I started. It has given me a better understanding of the type of challenges I need to set myself this year.
Watch out for my 2015 challenges soon.