Max Factor X Lashfinity 3 Day Mascara Review

I bought Max Factor X Lashfinity 3 Day Mascara from Boots when there was an offer to spend a certain amount and get some free products, which I posted about here.  It was the only way I could justify spending £18.99 on a mascara.  I thought it would be a really great product to try out as I don't wear mascara through the week when I'm at work.  I tend to rub my eyes, so a mascara is not the best product for me to wear all day as I'm worried about ending up with panda eyes.  I thought that a 3 day mascara would be great as it wouldn't smudge as much. I've tried it 3 times now and to be honest it's an epic fail for me.  



The product is in a slightly larger than normal mascara packaging with the mascara at one end and remover at the other end.  The bit you twist off, which has the mascara product in it is quite small and the mascara wand is pretty short (the brush itself is normal size). The mascara is easy to apply, but you have to do it quickly as you need a couple of coats and it dries fairly quickly.  Two of the times I've applied it, it went on fine, but the other time it did apply badly and looked clumpy on my eyelashes. Once on it does look ok, although nothing special in terms of lengthening my lashes. That's about all the positives I can give it as from there on in it was pretty bad.  

I have hooded eyelids and found that it did smudge onto my eyelids , which I usually don't have a problem with when using mascara.  It also left smudges under my eyes throughout the day and I looked scary when I woke up the next morning, I was not a pretty sight as it had smudged all around my eyes (it definitely has the look of a morning after the night before if you know what I mean). At best the product was noticeable on my eyelashes for 2 days, but I couldn't see any mascara on the 3rd day.  

In hindsight I'm not sure why I thought having mascara that lasted 3 days would be a good idea.  It's not as if it's hard to apply on a daily basis but I guess I thought there would be less smudging.  As I said before I'm always really worried at work that I will accidentally touch my eyes and I will be walking around with panda eyes without realising.  This product gave me the worst panda eyes possible.  

The only saving grace is that the make up remover it comes with is brilliant for removing the residue around my eyes.  I just used a little on the end of a cotton bud and gently used it under my eyes and it disappeared straight away.  

This is a product fail for me.  I will definitely be getting rid of this mascara. I'm gutted really as it cost so much, but I will be sticking to my usual mascara L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes which I love.

Have you used this product?  What did you think?

Leighlee
I bought these with my own money

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe