Brand Review - Alex Steinherr x Primark Skincare Collection

I have been using the Alex Steinherr x Primark Skincare Collection as part of my daily routine recently and I wanted to share my thoughts on the products (you can read my original haul post here).  There are 5 different categories or products - The Sleep Spa Range, The Plump & Glow Range, The Maximum Moisture Range, The Pore Balance Range and The Pollution Solution Range.  This collection has been created by Alex Steinheer, the former beauty director of Glamour magazine and it is a budget range where products cost no more than £5.
The Power Mask from the Plump and Glow Range includes step 1 which is an essence booster gel that you apply to your whole face and massage in. Following the Essence booster, you then apply step 2 which is the sheet mask for 20 minutes. I thought this was a really nice sheet mask and there was plenty of product in both step 1 and step 2 and I like the way they are separated in the packaging (step 1 is in a connected sachet at the top of the face mask step 2 packaging). My face felt really hydrated after using this mask and it's very reasonably priced.   It contains amino acid, hyaluronic acid and Korean Camellia.  This costs £3.

The Micellar Cleansing Gel (not pictured) from the Maximum Moisture Range is a great every day cleanser that works really well. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it's a gel rather than a micellar water product.  I just feel that after using this product my face feels a little sticky and I need to use a toner afterwards. Don't get me wrong this cleanser is a good product, and it gets rid of all my makeup and it is gentle around the eyes, but I just prefer micellar water as it makes my skin feel fresher after use. This is a 400ml bottle and cost £5 which again is a really good price point.

The Plumping Lip Gloss from the Plump & Glow range reminds me of Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in the shade Fenty Glow that I already own. The Primark version is very slightly paler.  It claims to have plumping properties, but my lips didn't tingle at all when I used this gloss, and I didn't notice any difference to the size of my lips, but overall it's a nice light nude shade that's easy to wear and doesn't feel sticky. It's a great gloss to keep in your handbag.  It contains Hyaluronic acid, Cactus Flower and Dragon Fruit.  This cost £5.

The Facial in a Stick from the Plump & Glow Range is an interesting concept and I think it's something that I will take along with me when I am travelling as it's smaller than most cleansers so it doesn't take up much room in my toiletries bag. I probably wouldn't use this product when I am wearing a full face of makeup but if I'm not wearing too much makeup then this is a decent cleanser. This is a two in one product as you can also use it as a hydration booster, just apply it as you would a cleanser but don't wash it off.   Again this is a nice little product.  It contains Hyaluronic acid, Cactus Flower Extract and Dragon Fruit.  This cost £5.

The  Serum-in-cream Moisturiser from the Plump and Glow Range is a great two in one product and saves time on a morning.  It left my skin feeling really hydrated and I really didn't feel the need to use two separate products.  It contains Hyaluronic acid,  Centella Asiatica & Pink Pomelo. This cost £5.

I really like The Overnight Lip Mask from the Sleep Spa Range as it left my lips feeling really hydrated the next morning.   It's a lip gel which you apply overnight and it's not sticky which is ideal for an overnight product so you don't end up with your hair sticking to your lips. It contains Hyaluronic acid, Willowherb & Chamomile. This cost £4.

The Sleeping Face Mask from the Sleep Spa Range is a really nice overnight cream.  You just massage it onto cleansed skin at night.  My skin feels lovely and soft after using this overnight.  It's a really nice light cream that sinks into my skin really well.  It contains Anti-Fatigue, Willowherb & Chamomile. This cost £5.


The Anti-Blackhead Stick from the Pore Balance Range  is an exfoliating stick which you gently apply to your skin in a circular motion and then rinse off with warm water.  I thought this was a really great idea as it is very easy to apply.  I used it around my nose and cheeks where I tend to get my open pores and blackheads.  My skin felt super soft after using this product.  It contains Charcoal, Salicylic Acid & Purple Ginseng.  This cost £5.


The Every Night Eye Mask from the Sleep Spa Range is another great product.  You gently massage it onto your under eye area and let it sink in.  It is a light gel which has a lovely cooling effect, which is great for my puffy eyes. It contains Hyaluronic acid, Willowherb & Chamomile.  This cost £4.


The Super Detox Clay Mousse Face Mask from the Pore Balance Range feels different from normal clay masks as it's got a very light texture.  I found that this applied easily to my face and didn't dry down to a hard mask and didn't crack.  It left my face feeling smooth and soft and didn't feel dry at all after using this product.  It contains Kaolin Clay, Niacinamide, Charcoal & Raspberry Leaf.  This costs £5.


The Hydration On-the-go from the Maximum Moisture Range is a gel that can be applied during your skincare routine (can be applied  as a serum, or mixed in with your moisturiser or foundation) or alone on-the-go to refresh and recharge.  I like to use it during the day when I'm at work for a boost of hydration.  It contains  Moisture Complex, Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin B5.  This cost £4.

This range of products is vegan friendly, fragrance-free and not tested on animals which is great to see. I also love that nothing's over £5.  This range looks stylish and minimalist on my bathroom shelf and honestly looks like it cost way more than £5.  I think this is a great product range and something that I'll definitely keep using in my skincare routine, I love it.  It's great to see such a fab budget range that hits all the right marks.




Leigh
I bought these products with my own money

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe