Boots Haul

Hi Everyone

Heres the Boots haul that I promised you.

 
  
Even though I have loads of nail polishes these caught my eye with all their glittery, dotty goodness and I just couldnt resist.  I ended up buying:
 
2 Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots in Shooting Stars (Blue) and Speckled Pink.    These were on offer buy 1 get 1 half price. They were £2.99 each and with the offer £3.48 in total.  It would have been rude not too.  I originally thought these were top coats but they aren't.  I found the Speckled Pink easy to apply and it looked really good but I struggled with Shooting Stars as I found it difficult to place the dots to get a nice even coverage.  I really do like them though and will look out for the other colours in the range.  As expected they were difficult to remove which is the one thing I really hate about these types of polishes, its too much like hard work.
  
2 L'Oreal Polishes in Top Coat Confettis which is the black and white polish which needs no introduction as its been on loads of blogs lately and Top Coat Carat in Saphyr Lurex which is a fine glittery blue polish.  These were £4.99 each but were on offer 2 for £7.  I put the confettis polish over the Elle Grey Mavala nail polish which I think I got free ages ago with a magazine and the Carat over a bright Turquoise Blue which is a Collection 2000 polish called Show Off.  These are old polishes that are probably not for sale anymore but its just to give you an example of what colours these polishes works with.  The confettis was difficult to remove but the Carat wasn't too bad.
 
I also bought the Sally Hansen Moisturising Polish Remover for dry brittle nails which includes pro Vitamin B5 with Vitamin E and Aloe Vera 200ml.  This cost £2.45 and was not on offer.  I'm really looking forward to finding out if this product will strengthen my nails as they are really dry and brittle at the moment.   I've used it once and it works really well at removing polish with just one swipe (not including glitter polish which takes a bit more effort).
 
Left to right - Saphyr Lurex, Shooting Stars, Speckled Pink & Confettis
 

Bourjois Cream Blush 02 Healthy Glow.  I have never actually owned a cream blush before but I was browsing the Bourjois stand and this caught my eye.   This is a nice matte peachy coral shade that is really easy to blend giving a flush of colour that is easily buildable.  It does have some glitter in it but it's quite subtle and just catches the light to add a little radiance.  This cost £6.99 as it had £1 off.    I really like this product and plan to buy more of the cream blushes in different shades.
 
And finally Bourjois Bronzing Primer.  I'm not going to lie to you, I bought this primer as it reminded me of Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base.   I'm not a major fan of bronzers, as on my colouring (which is fair to medium) it tends to make my face look dirty, but this seems to give a nice healthy sunkissed glow.  It's easy to work with, which is important to me as I don't like to spend loads of time applying makeup and even though it looks dark in the jar it blends really well.  This cost £6.99 as it had £3 off.  As an added bonus it smells devine.
 
Left to right - Bourjois Cream Blush (unblended then blended) and Bourjois Bronzing Primer  (unblended then blended)
 
I could have bought loads more, but I am definitely happy with the purchases I made. What products have you bought lately?
 
Thanks for reading
 
Leighlee

 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe