Birchbox Review - April 2014

I still like the idea of getting a mystery box of beauty treats every month.  Most of the time I can't help but check out spoilers, but this time due to being really busy at work and also revising for an exam, I didn't have the time or inclination to check out any spoilers.  The only item that I knew about was the nail polish because they allowed you to pick the colour that you wanted to receive, prior to receiving the box. Hopefully, this is something that Birchbox will expand on and allow you more choice about what you receive in your box. Here's what I received:




I received a sample of TheBalm Cosmetics How 'Bout Them Apples Lip & Cheek Cream. Its a very small sample, enough to try out and see if its worth buying the full size of. The packaging is super cute, like a book where the cover opens to reveal the product. I received the shade Pie. 

As mentioned above, I received a Nail Polish by Color Club.  I chose the shade Aquamarine Azulino which is a pearly pale blue shade.  This is a mini bottle and is 7ml.

Next up is Yes to cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes (10 pack).  I have heard of the brand, but never used any of their products.  These will be handy for travelling.

I have never heard of the brand Campos de Ibiza before.  I received their Almendra Body Milk (38ml).

The last beauty item was a Lord & Berry Couture Kohl Eye Pencil in black.  The pencil is only about 2 inches long.  I won't use this as I don't like black eyeliner as its a bit too harsh for me.  I prefer a dark brown pencil for a more subtle look.

The Lifestyle extra was a small bar of Propercorn Sweet Coconut & Vanilla. These make really great healthy snacks and I love the Sweet & Salty flavour.

Overall I am not wowed by this box.  I have seen some of the items that others have received and I think that I would have preferred different products in my box this time.  I think that the sooner beauty boxes allow you to choose more of the items that you receive in your box, the happier people will be.

Leighlee
I bought this box with my own money

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe