Glossier Brand Review - My Thoughts on the Products

I have done a couple of Glossier hauls recently.  I placed one order online and then I visited a pop-up shop in London in November.  I've now had a chance to try out all the products that I bought, so here's how I got along with them.
Glossier Brand Review
Glossier Brand Review
Milky Jelly Cleanser - £15 for 177ml
I don't hate this product (as YouTubers like to say).  It's definitely an ok cleanser and there is nothing wrong with it, it just isn't all that.  It's a thick gel which has a faint plastic fragrance which I am not fond of.  It's a gentle cleanser, that doesn't foam up and does not dry my face out.  It cleanses my skin and doesn't leave it feeling tight, but I just can't justify the £15 price tag.    I give this product 6 out of 10.

Body Hero Daily Oil Wash - £15 for 250ml
I do love an oily shower gel and this one is a good one.  If you like a really foamy shower gel this one probably isn't for you as it just lathers up into what Glossier call a soft froth.  That's fine with me.  You can apply it with your hands or a shower puff and it leaves my skin feeling clean and soft.  It has a light fragrance which is pleasant and not overpowering.  It's very oily when it first comes out of the bottle, so you need to be careful not to spill it everywhere.  Overall, I really like this product and give it 9 out of 10.

Priming Moisturizer - £18 for 50ml
This is a light moisturiser, but I don't think it's a substitute for a primer as well as I find that it's not quite hydrating enough to apply my foundation on top of as I get a few dry patches near my nose.  If I am not wearing makeup then it's fine and will be perfect for summer as it's not overly greasy.  I would give this 7 out of 10.  They also have a Richer version of this called Priming Moisturizer Rich which I would like to try out.

I love, love, love these lip balms, love the scent, love the taste (yes taste, although I don't recommend eating them!), love the packaging.  Love everything.  The balm is really thick and it made my lips feel instantly hydrated and stopped them cracking in this horrible winter weather we have been having.  I definitely want to check out the other varieties.  The coconut is a clear version and the cherry gives a hint of a tint.  I would say that if you do not like cherry, then you will not like the cherry lip balm as the scent is very strong (in a nice way though). This is definitely a 10 out of 10.

Generation G in Crush - £14

This is a sheer matte lipstick which as the Glossier website states gives the look and finish of just blotted lipstick which is exactly the case.  I got Crush which is a hot raspberry pink shade which is a great shade.  It is not a heavy shade and as I have pigmented lips anyway it just gives a hint of colour to my lips.  It's creamy to apply and is great to pop in your handbag to refresh your look throughout the day.  It doesn't stay around all day on your lips but does leave a light stain behind so you look like you have a bit of colour on your lips all day.  There is a bit of transference but it's very light.  Overall I like this lipstick and would definitely purchase more of the shades.  The price is a bit high for this product bearng in mind the great products you can purchase on the high Street.  I would give this 8 out of 10.

Moisturizing Moon Mask - £18 for 90ml

This is a hydrating mask.  You apply a thick layer to wet skin and leave for 20 minutes (I like to relax in a bath).    It leaves skin feeling moisturised and lovely and soft.  The product doesn't dry out your skin and there is no tingling sensation when you are wearing the mask.  I really like this mask.  It has a very light scent and has a creamy texture.  It's not cheap but you will get a reasonable amount of applications out of it. It's suitable for all skin types.  Overall I give this a big thumbs up and would give it 9 out of 10.

Mega Greens Galaxy Pack Detoxifying Face Mask - £18 for 90ml

This is described on the Glossier website as a juice cleanse for the face.  It's a mud mask that you leave on for 20 minutes.  I applied a thick layer and it dried down to almost nothing on my skin.  Once I rinsed it off my skin looked clean and fresh with less noticeable pores (I have quite large pores on my cheeks and nose).  This mask is a winner for me.  My skin did not feel dry or tight after using this mask which is always a bonus.  I give this mask 10 out of 10.

Boy Brow - £14 for 3.12g

I really wanted to love this brow product as I am so into my brows at the moment.  I have really sparse brows, so I pretty much use an eye brow pencil to fill in my brows every day.  First of all this product will not work on it's own, if you have brows like mine.  Therefore, I decided to use it over my tried and trusted Anastasia Brow Wiz.  Boy Brow is similar to Benefit Gimme Brow which I really like, but unfortunately this Glossier product just did not work for me.  My brows look fine just using the brow wiz, but I thought I would use Boy Brow over the top instead of my usual brow gel to give a polished sleek finish to my brows, but this product just made things look messy.  I just don't need it in my life, so I will give it a score of 1 out of 10.  That being said, if you have decent brows that just need a little help, then this product could work for you.

Finally, I was given a sample of the Glossier You Fragrance. Glossier claim that this is a creamy, sparkling, clean, warm fragrance that basically smells like you.  To me it's very light and pretty much pointless, so I don't think I will be buying the full size product.  I kind of like to be able to smell a fragrance on myself (without it being overpowering, I should add).


Overall, I enjoyed trying out the Glossier products and there were some winners and some losers, but isn't that the case with all brands.  I like that they are a cruety free brand, and the packaging that the order comes in is just too cute and very unique.   I really like the overall look of this brand it's simple yet stands out.


Look out for some offers on the website.  I got the Glossier Phase 1 Set which includes the Cleanser, Priming Moisturizer & a Balm Dot Com of your choice for £35 saving £8 and the 2 face masks for £30 saving £6. Delivery is free if you spend over £25.


Would I buy from this brand again?  Yes I would.


If you would like 10% off your first order then you can use my link.


Leigh

I bought these products with my own money

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe