Ishga Exfoliating Face Mask Review

I love visiting spas and I regularly visited Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall Hotel (read my previous review here).  It was on one visit to the spa that I came across Ishga products which was a brand that I haven’t heard of before.  Ishga makes Organic Scottish Seaweed skincare products and I decided to buy the Ishga Exfoliating Face Mask.  The Exfoliating Face Mask contains pure high quality Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed powder combined with natural Hebridean Seawater.  The seaweed grains exfoliate and remove dead skin cells and is ideal for all skin types.  It costs £35 for 50ml. 
 Ishga Exfoliating Face Mask

The key active ingredients are natural saltwater, kelp seaweed powder and rose geranium essential oil.  I'm not going to lie, this product is not pleasant to look at as it’s a dark brown colour and you wouldn’t want to answer the door with this mask on as it looks like you have smeared something slightly unsavoury all over your face.  The smell is hard to describe, it's salty and reminds me of walking near the coast where seaweed fills the water.  It's not unpleasant or overbearing, just unusual for a skincare product.  Having said that I don't think I have ever used a product where the key ingredients is seaweed, so that's probably why I find it unusual.  That being said, it left my skin looking and feeling cleaner and the pores on my skin were definitely less obvious. 
 Ishga Exfoliating Face Mask

To use this face mask, apply it all over your face and neck and leave it on for 10 minutes.  The mask dried and tightened on my face in that time.  Then dampen it and massage over your skin and rinse.  I have to say that I love multitasking products as they are a real time saver.

Ishga is from the Gaelic word for water and the products have been developed on the Isle of Lewis by Hebridean Spa Ltd to harness the natural antioxidant and anti-ageing properties of seaweed.  The seaweed is hand harvested in the clean, pure waters of the Hebrides to produce a 100% organic ingredient  and the products work on every skin type.   None of the products or ingredients are tested on animals.

I have enjoyed using this product and look forward to trying out more.

Leighlee

I bought this product with my own money

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe