Degustabox Review - August 2014

I just received the August 2014 Degustabox.  Degustabox is the food equivalent of a monthly beauty box and costs £12.99 per month.  If you are interested in signing up you can check the details out here.  Here's more details of what was in this months box:
Degustabox Review - August 2014
Mexican Dave's Legendary Tortilla Chips (225g worth £1) - I do like tortilla chips to dip in salsa and guacamole, but sadly I haven't been able to taste these as they had burst open in the box.  I contacted Degustabox and they will send me another pack in next months box.
Degustabox Review - August 2014 Mexican Dave's Legendary Tortilla Chips
BerryWhite Organic Drinks (330ml worth £1.59) - these organic drinks are made from premium, organic ingredients with no added sugar or fruit sugars and no artificial preservatives.  I received the Goji Berries with Peaches, White Tea & Echinacea. I have tried this and it's got quite a weak taste which is ok, but I wouldn't rush out and buy another.
Degustabox Review - August 2014 BerryWhite Organic Drinks & Caribbean Twist Cocktails Strawberry Daiquiri & Cawston Press Kids Blend Apple & Pear Pressed Fruit Drink

Caribbean Twist Cocktails Strawberry Daiquiri (70cl worth £2.50) - A sparkling, strawberry & lime flavoured cocktail made with blended fermented alcohol with sugar and sweeteners.  This sounds perfect for a summer evening when the weather is hot (not sure if we have many more sunny days left this year, but you live in hope).

Cawston Press Kids Blend Apple & Pear Pressed Fruit Drink (200ml worth £1.63) - This juice is not from concentrate and there's no added sugar or anything artificial. This juice contains 40% water for a lighter juice drink which is perfect for kids.  I don't have any kids so tried this out myself and wasn't keen on the taste, it just didn't taste nice at all, I need sugar in my drink
!!.  

Schwartz Flavour Shots (2x 52g worth £1.39 each) - These are recipe bases containing a unique blend of herbs, spices and seasonings infused in sunflower oil.  I can't cook to save my life, so these shots should make things easy for me. I will definitely give them a try.  I received Mexican Fajitas and Spanish Smoked Paprika Chicken flavours.
Degustabox Review - August 2014 Schwartz Flavour Shots
Lindt HELLO Just for You Heart Chocolate Tin (45g worth £3.49) - Contains Did contain 10 melt in your mouth Lindt milk chocolate hearts.  They were delicious (and lasted approximately 5 minutes after the box was opened).
Degustabox Review - August 2014 Degustabox Review - August 2014 Lindt HELLO Just for You Heart Chocolate Tin & Dr.Oetker Edible Wafer Cases
Dr.Oetker Edible Wafer Cases (Contains 6 cases worth £2.50) - You can eat these baking cases which is an interesting concept.  I will try them out next time I bake some cupcakes.  It says on the packaging that you do not need to use a cupcake tray, you can just place the cases onto a baking tray or sheet.

Brioche Pasquier Pain au Lait (8pack) and Pain au Chocolat (6pack) (£1.69 & £1.79) - I love pain au chocolat for breakfast, so these went down a treat. I just need to get some chocolate spread to use with the pain au laits, so that I can try them out.
Degustabox Review - August 2014 Brioche Pasquier Pain au Lait (8pack) and Pain au Chocolat (6pack)
There was also a coupon for Moma Breakfast Bircher Muesli multipack, which I have not had time to pick up (worth approx £2.99).

Overall this was not a bad box, not terribly exciting, but I will use everything in it and I haven't tried any of the products before.    If you are interested in trying out Degustabox my referral link is here (you can find a none referral link at the top of this post).

Have you tried Degustabox?

Leighlee
I bought this box with my own money







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe