Tuesday, 16 July 2013

July Birchbox Review

I used to be a beauty box junkie and at one point I subscribed to 5 different boxes (mental! I know).  Gradually each company disappointed me to the extent that I now only subscribe to Birchbox.  At the start of the beauty box phenomenon I was receiving some great stuff such as HD Brow products, Zoya polishes and Neom candles.  Gradually it all went down hill and I started receiving the same products from each company, or there would be some great high value boxes from certain companies, but I would get the crappy cheap box.  In the end enough was enough and only Birchbox kept my interest
 
Today I received the July Birchbox and I am pretty happy with it.  This is the jet set box featuring products from places like France, Australia & the US.  What I like about Birchbox is that it almost always contains some products from brands that I have either never heard of or have not tried before and surely that's the whole point of beauty boxes.

So here's what I received today.

I am pretty happy with the box.  Here's a quick description:

Blanc Cachemire - A lightweight moisturising cream from Paris (15ml) - full size of this product would cost £54.75 (50ml) according to Birchbox - worth £16.42

theBalm Instain Long Wearing Powder Staining Blush - (0.5g) - this is such cute packaging like a book cover that opens although the mini blush is the size of a small eyeshadow so not sure how well it will apply, but looking forward to trying this out - costs £21.50 for full size product (5.5g) - worth approx £2

VitaBella Anti-ageing Face Mask - A hydrating treatment that restores and plumps tired, dull skin.  This looks like a really interesting product as it comes with a tablet sized mask which expands when you cover it with the oil - (13ml) - full size costs £59 for 4 bottles  - worth £14.75

Reverence de Bastien VolupTHE Hand Cream - (25ml) - Nourishing hand cream from mani/pedicurist to the stars Bastien Gonzalez - £12 for full size product - worth £12
 
Dead Sea Spa Magik Silky Smooth Body Lotion - (25ml) - this is the only disappointing product, not because I don't like it, but its been in so many beauty boxes in the past.  Its a bit like balance me products, I am just bored of seeing them in the boxes now.  I must have a stash of Dead Sea Spa products from various beauty boxes over the last year or so.  That being said I will definitely use this product.  £7.70 for full size product (350ml) - worth £0.55

The Lifestyle extra in this box is The Chia Co Shot - Bonafide superfood, packed with health boosting omega 3, protein and more.  Can be added to smoothies, yogurts, cereal etc - (8g).   I will definitely give this a try.  Price is £4.79 for 10 - worth £0.48
 
Overall I am happy with this box, especially as it only cost me £10 including postage and the contents of the box are worth approx £46.20.  If you want to subscribe now it costs £12.95 including postage.

The box also comes with a magazine and there is a leaflet which says that they are teaming up with Instyle for next months box which should be interesting.

Which beauty boxes do you subscribe to?
Leighlee


2 comments:

  1. its an awesome box! deffo do a review on the anti aging mask!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brigette I will definitely review some of the products on my blog. Have you entered my giveway? I will check yours out now :)

    ReplyDelete