Fenty Beauty Makeover in Harvey Nichols

I have a confession to make, I am rubbish at applying makeup even though I have tons of it.  WTF.  I nearly always go for a natural look when I wear makeup but that is because if I did anything more obvious I would probably end up looking like a clown.  That does not stop me buying more make up as it is just an addiction, I love all the pretty packaging and lovely colours.
Fenty Beauty Makeover

Anyway recently I have been attending beauty events in the likes of Debenhams, Harvey Nichols etc some of which are to watch demos of make up being applied such as a beauty event at Debenhams where brands such as  Urban Decay did a make over and more recently at a Harvey Nichols Fenty Beauty masterclass event where one of the Fenty Beauty UK Ambassadors did a demo which showcased Fenty Beauty products and showed how easy they were to apply.  Yes it is a way to encourage sales and yes I did buy some items, but what I took from each event is that you don't have to go overboard with your makeup to look good and it's not as complicated as it looks to apply makeup. Oh and you don't have to go overboard with your make up a la YouTube (by the way I love YouTube make up videos, but most of the time it looks really complicated to follow a make up tutorial as they use so many products just on the eyes).

Last time I popped into Harvey Nichols I noticed another beauty event to showcase the new Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear foundation so I decided to sign up.  It was different from the one I had been to before as it wasn't  a demo on a model this time, they actually gave me a makeover, asking what products, colours etc I wanted them to use and explaining what they were doing step by step so I could do it myself.  

The event itself cost £10, but you got that back if you purchased an item (I don't need any encouragement).  At each stage I was asked what I preferred e.g natural or full coverage foundation, matte or dewy, what colours I preferred so it was definitely tailored to what look I wanted.  The event was in one of the beauty rooms on the 1st floor which was really nice.  I hadn't been in one before but all the Fenty Makeup was laid out on a table so you could see what products they had and the colour options.  It's definitely a great way to try out the range of products that Fenty has before you buy. 

I really enjoyed getting a makeover it was great to actually see how the make up looked and felt on me rather than a model.  The products that they used on me were written down so that even if I didn't purchase them at the event I know which items to purchase later. I had the makeover in Harvey Nichols in Leeds and I have to say that all the makeup artists that work on the counter are really friendly and the makeup artist that did my makeover (Vanessa I think) was lovely and did a great job with my makeup.

Some of the products that were used on me were the Pro Filt'r Hydrating Primer (£24), Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Concealer (£19) and of course the new Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear foundation. They also used Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Metal Moon (£28), Sun Stalk'r Instant Warmth Bronzer in Shady Biz (£23), Flyliner Longwear Liquid Eyeliner (£17) and Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Wattabrat for eyeshadow (£28).  

I was really happy with my makeover, it wasn't too heavy, but it was more than I would usually wear but I liked it.  There are a few products that Fenty don't do yet such as mascara and they didn't do brow products when I was there but they have now released the Brow MVP (£17) (which I have to try out) but they used products from another counter to complete the look.  
Fenty Beauty Makeover

The Pro Filt'r Hydrating Foundation was a really nice foundation that is perfect for my skin as it is hydrating and has a natural finish and although I didn't buy it on the day as I wanted to see how long lasting it was I would purchase it next time I'm in Harvey Nichols.  I could easily have bought it all as I love this brand but I held back and in the end I bought the Pro Filt'r Hydrating Primer(£24), the Invisimatte Blotting Powder (24) and Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo Girl Next Door/Chic Phreak (£28).

As a bonus I also got a Goody bag which contained samples from other brands in Harvey Nichols such as Marc Jacobs, Elemis, Aveda and it also included a Fenty sample size Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick.  I love me a goody bag (I may have just put through an order to Cult Beauty as they have The USA Goody Bag worth over £220 available at the moment).

I really love this brand it has a great range of products and a great range of shades for everybody.  It is also cruelty free and does not sell in China which is excellent news.    As well as selling the brand in Harvey Nichols, it is also sold in Boots.  I will definitely be purchasing more from the brand and I will be looking out for more beauty events as I really enjoyed this one.

I will be reviewing the products I have purchased in a future post.


Leigh




I bought the pictured products with my own money.  This post is not sponsored.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe