Lazy Girls Guide to...... Covering Grey

I'm terrible when it comes to colouring my hair.  I promise myself each time I colour my hair that I will keep on top of it and do it on a more regular basis so that my grey hair doesn't show, but I never do.  I don't have lots of grey hair just a steak on my parting that started in my twenties.  I'm not really bothered by it so there are times when it's on show as I really can't be bothered to colour my hair (I colour my hair at home not the salon).  Now when my grey starts peeking through I just fall back on the root concealer sprays that are readily available that cover my greys in less then a minute.  When they first came out I wasn't so keen as the first one I used as it just seemed to stain my scalp and seemed obvious I had used a root concealer spray, but nowadays they seem to work really well, take no more then a minute to spray on and last until you wash your hair.  At first I worried that it would run out of my hair if I got caught out in the rain (after all it is Britain, when doesn't it rain) but that's never happened.
Root Concealers
Here are the 4 root concealers that I've used.

Young Hair The Root Fix Temporary Root Cover*
This is my absolute favourite root concealer.  It doesn't stain your skin and is so easy to use.  Read my review here.  These are currently on sale for £4.25 for 125ml and there is a buy 3 get one free offer on as well (they usually cost £9.99 each).  I've just run out so this couldn't have come at a better time.

EVERPRO Beauty Zero Grey Temporary Root Concealer*
This is the one I'm using at the moment and it is good apart from that I always manage to get stains on my forehead (or fingers if I try and cover my forehead).  Apart from that it's another great product.  Read my review here.  If you head over to Superdrug they currently have a 1/3 off.  Currently reduced from £9.99 to £6.65 for 100ml.

L'Oréal Magic Retouch Instant Root Concealer Spray*
I've had this one for a while and it's not one I reach for on a regular basis but it does a good job.  The only little complaint I have is that I do tend to get little spots of the product on my forehead, but it wipes off really easily.  It can feel a little tacky to the touch for a while after using it so try not to touch your hair as it will come off on your fingers.  Read my review here.  Currently £8.99 for 75ml.

Josh Wood Instant Root Concealer Spray
I don't think this is available to buy anymore as I think he has brought out a new range now. I did find that this one stained my scalp and fingers when I initially applied it.  It did cover my greys but is not one that I've reached for and I've had it a while.

I can't recommend root concealers enough for other lazy girls like me.  It's so quick and easy and hides those pesky grey hairs well (if that's what you want to do.  I'm just not ready to embrace the grey right now).  I find these so easy to fit into my routine.  I usually use the spray every 2 or 3 days on a morning and find it lasts until I wash my hair.  I haven't found any of them stain pillow cases which is good as I'm using a silk pillowcase at the moment to see if it helps with my frizzy hair and will report back on that soon.  My favourite one is definitely from Young Hair and right after I finish this post I'm going straight to their site to order some more.

Let me know if you recommend any other products for Lazy Girls/Women like myself.

Read about my other Lazy Girl Guide here.




Leigh

*I was sent this product to review, but the opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe