John Frieda Hair Treatments

I have never been happy with my hair, it's naturally curly and frizzy and as curly haired girls will know it takes a lot of effort to get shiny frizz free curls. So I am always on the look out for the perfect hair treatments to try and make my hair look and feel good.

These are 3 treatments I have tried out recently.
John Frieda Hair Treatments
This is a treatment that you apply to your hair (this product is just for 1 use) and then rinse out after 5 minutes.  It is a lightening treatment so you should see a lighter shade of brunette after use.  I tried this for the first time and found it easy to use although it did have a strong fragrance much like a hair colourant as it does contain hydrogen peroxide.  Once my hair was dry I definitely noticed it was a lighter shade and I had some golden highlights.  

This product can be used on natural, highlighted or coloured hair, but don't use if you have permed or chemically straightened hair.  Mine's coloured and I had no issues using this product.  You cannot use this product more than once per month.  I would definitely use this product again as I thought it gave a nice shine to my hair and I liked the lighter look it gave my hair. 

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Treatment - £9.99 for 150ml
This product promises to create a darker, more lustrous brunette. Simply apply a generous amount through wet hair and leave on for 5 - 10 minutes.  This product was enough for 4 or 5 applications.  I did not notice any difference to the colour of my hair after using this product.  I have quite dark hair anyway, so maybe that was the reason why.  It didn't even look shinier.  My sister also tried out this product and even though she has lighter hair, there was no noticeable change to the colour after use.

John Frieda Frizz Ease 10 Day Tamer Pre-Wash Treatment - £12.99 for 150ml
This promises long lasting results in just 1 use (there are approximately 2 uses in each bottle).  I was expecting great things from this product, as it erases frizz for 10 days of perfectly behaved hair and effortless styling.  The only thing that I noticed after using this product was that my hair felt softer and less tangled after washing it, but once my hair was dry there was absolutely no difference.  I tried this product out twice and got the same results.  I had bought 2 bottles of this stuff, so I even gave it to my sister to try out as she has curly hair as well, but she didn't notice any difference to her hair after using this.  I should point out that I have had a nano-keratin treatment on my hair before and that didn't work either, so maybe our hair type (thick and curly) just isn't suitable for this type of product.


This treatment should be used on dry hair and applied generously from root to tip.  Once the hair is completely saturated, leave on for 8 - 10 minutes, then rinse well and follow with shampoo and conditioner.

In the end the only product that made any difference to my hair was John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In-Shower Hair Treatment.  The other 2 products I would not bother to repurchase.

I would love to hear from you if you have any recommendations of products that work great on thick, curly hair.

Leighlee


I bought these products with my own money

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe