As January is over I thought I would do a quick update on how I've been doing with the challenges I set myself for 2016.
- Spending ban from 4th January to 31st March 2016. I have spent so much on makeup and toiletries in December 2015, in order to take advantage of all the great offers that are around at this time of year. I am going to have a complete spending ban from the start of the year for 3 months. January spending ban completed, I haven't bought anything beauty related since the 4th January. 2 more months to go.
- Nano Keratin Treatment - I have finally found a hairdresser that I like, so I will be definitely be booking this for early 2016.
- Pay off credit card - I want to get my credit card balance to 0 this year.
- Books - I want to finish 10 books that I already own this year. I have read 1 book so far.
- DVDs - I want to watch 25 DVDs that I already own and decide whether to keep them or give them away.
- Weight - I would like to lose 1 stone this year. Once I achieve this I will set myself another target. Lost 5 lbs so far this year. I have managed to cut out buying chocolate and cans during January.
- Wear a dress to work - I always wear trousers to work, so I want to wear at least one dress this year.
- I am not much of a cook, but I want to try out 10 new recipes this year.
- I want to declutter 100 items from my home this year and either sell them, give them away or throw them out.
- I eat a lot of junk food so I want to give up fizzy drinks & chocolate for at least 30 days each this year. I have managed to stop drinking cans of Pepsi (which are my weakness) and I haven't bought any chocolate bars in January so this one is complete but I am going to try my best to give them up in February as well to help with challenge 6.
I'm pleased with what I have achieved so far this year. What are your challenges for 2016?