Update on My Challenges for 2015
I set myself some challenges at the start of 2015 and just wanted to post a quick update on how I'm doing with them.
- Top of the list is to lose weight. I set myself this target last year and whilst I did lose some weight, it wasn't anywhere near enough. I did join a gym last year, so I am going in the right direction, but I am going to target myself with losing 2 stone this year and at least 1 dress size. Failing this at the moment as I'm still going to the gym but need to sort out my diet.
- I want to have 3 no spend months this year. The no spends are on unnecessary items such as makeup, toiletries, clothes, shoes, accessories and jewellery. It does not include food, drink, petrol or going out. COMPLETED. I completed this challenge this week and promptly had a bit of a shopping spree, although it was more clothes than beauty.
- I want to use up 10 makeup items. I find that makeup is the hardest thing to use up, so I will pick 10 items to fully use up and list them in a separate post. This is like the Project 10 Pan Challenge that appeared on You Tube a few years ago. I have now used up 11 products which you can see in my empties posts throughout the year, so I have completed the challenge. Considering how much makeup I actually own, this is not much of an achievement so I will have to set myself a harder target for 2016.
- Go for a proper bra fitting. This may not seem like much of a challenge, but I have never had a bra fitting, so I think I really should this year and find out if I am wearing the correct size bra. COMPLETED. You can read about my Bravissimo visit here.
- I want to improve the look of my teeth and I think I will start by trying to get them whiter. I am going to try a few toothpastes and whitening strips to see if they make any difference and then if not I think I will look at having them professionally whitened. So far I haven't seen any difference using whitening toothpastes, so I will look to buy some whitening strips when I visit LA.
- I have got to do something with my hair this year, as it just seems to be getting frizzier. I am going to look into Brazilian Blow drys and other straightening treatments and see what looks like the best option. Not done anything about this one so far this year.
- I want to learn how to ski. I have only been to an indoor ski slope once and I was not a natural talent by any means, but I see little kids swooping down the slope and I think if they can do it so can I, so I am going to give it another go this year. I also want to have another go at Ice Skating as I walked past the Ice Rink outside the Natural History Museum in London last year and I really wanted to give it a go, but I didn't have the time. I went ice skating in Leeds 3 times this year. It was harder than I remember. I kind of thought I would be gliding around the rink gracefully but in reality I was clinging onto the side trying not to fall down. Hopefully I will get around to having at least 1 skiing lesson by the end of this year.
- Have false eyelashes put on professionally, because I have always wanted to try that out. Not done anything about this one yet.
- Improve the condition of my nails as they are in really bad condition at the moment so they definitely need some TLC. I have been using a couple of different nail products and they are in pretty good condition at the moment so I am making progress with this one. The product that has made the most noticeable difference to my nails is Nailtiques Formula 2. My nails are longer and stronger than they have been in a long time.
- Find a hairdresser that I really like and go more regularly. So far I have stuck to my usual hairdressers, so I really need to find a few to try out in Leeds. If you have any recommendations for hairdressers in Leeds, please let me know.
So much left to do so little time (how is it September already?). I have made progress on a few of the challenges, but I have a lot to do before the end of the year if I want to complete the rest. Check back at the end of the year to see how I get on.
What are your challenges and goals for 2015?