Birchbox Review - March 2014 - Lulu Guinness Collaboration

I was really excited to find out that this months Birchbox was a collaboration with the designer Lulu Guinness, but I think the concept has been slightly overhyped to be honest. Don't get me wrong its a decent box, but I am not sure why a designer has been asked to pick the items for the box.  Really all that has been contributed is a sleeve that goes over the normal box and bizarrely a stick of lulu themed rock.

Heres what I received:

Benefit Stay Don't Stray primer for concealers & eyeshadows - 2.5ml (worth £5.13) - I already have this product and I am not a big fan.  It has the consistency of a concealer anyway so you have to blend it in on your eyelids quite a lot before applying eyeshadow and I don't generally need a a primer for concealers.

Dr.Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner - 7.5ml (worth £5.77) - This is an instant matifying pore refiner.  I have not tried this brand before, so I am looking forward to giving it a go.

AromaWorks Serenity Body Oil - 5ml (worth £1.63) - A blend of sumptuous oils - including nourishing coconut oil - to leave skin silky and smelling divine. This is quite a small amount of product to use on the body, but I will give it a go after a bath or shower and see what its like.

Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose Replenishing Hand Cream - 7ml (worth £1.75) - This has a lovely fruity smell, so will be nice to use.

English Laundry By Christopher Wicks No7 Perfume - 2ml (worth £1.88) - I have just tried to spray this to check out the fragrance, but it won't spray so I will have to contact Birchbox about getting a replacement.  Apparently, the top notes are pear and jasmine with gardenia, vanilla and sandalwood.  If only I could try it out for myself.

Finally, the aforementioned stick of rock.  Apparently this stripy candy represents the traditional sweet shops that inspired Lulu Guinness' Spring/Summer 2014 collection.  

Total value of the box is £16.16.  I have to admit I am not wowed by this box, but there are a few new products for me to try so its by no means a disappointment. Birchbox can and has done a lot better over the years, so I will keep my subscription going as I enjoy getting a box of surprises every month.  This is the first time I have received a product that doesn't work, so I hope that Birchbox will send me a replacement out. 

I have been disappointed with their customer service of late.  I placed an order using the Birchbox points I had accumulated on 14th February and when it had not been delivered 2 weeks later, I emailed them to find out when the order would be dispatched. I was told that a new order would be dispatched straight away.  I received the order only to find out that only 2 of the 10 items had been delivered. Once again I contacted Birchbox, who apologised and advised that the remaining part of the order would be sent out.  I have now been waiting 1 month for this order to be delivered and I still have not received 8 of the items.  To be fair this is the first time I have had problems with any of the orders I have made in their shop, but I think 1 month is way too long for this to still be unresolved.

If you want to subscribe to Birchbox it costs £12.95 per month and if you use this link we will both receive 50 Birchbox points which are worth £5 to spend in the Birchbox shop.   Its really easy to build up points by reviewing the products in the box every month and I tend to get £10 of points every 3 months.

What do you think about Birchbox this month and has anyone had any problems with their orders recently?  Let me know in the comments below.

Leighlee
I bought this beauty box with my own money

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pixi Face Mists

Bloom and Blossom Revitalising Leg and Foot Spray

Primark PS Deep Cleansing Blueberry Bubble Mask