September 2013 Birchbox Review

I know its a little bit late but I thought that I would still review the September Birchbox.  I really can't fault Birchbox, they present their boxes so well and there are always interesting products included.  I have been subscribed for well over a year and I can't remember being disappointed with any box that I have received, which is pretty good going.  Here's a photo of the contents.


First up is Reverence de Bastien Nail Polish I think the shade is called No8 and its a bright bubblegum pink (its brighter than the photo above) which is quite nice although more suited to summer I guess.  I haven't tried this out yet but it says it needs 2 coats.  This is a full size product and costs £16.00.
 
Next is a mini bottle of Bioderma H2O - 20ml.  I think its great that a beauty box has finally included a cult product like this.  I already have a couple of bottles in my stash, but its a great product and I will take this with me when I go away for the weekend.
 
Mystic Diamond Argan Oil from Eva Cosmetics.  I have never heard of this brand, but I like hair oil so I was happy to receive this product.  It says that it includes diamond powder to add shine.
 
Another full size product - Model Co Party Proof Matte Lipstick in Kitty. Now I am no expert on matte lipsticks as I find them too drying for my lips, but this is quite shiny so is the opposite of matte.  That being said it is a very sheer nude colour that feels quite moisturising, so I will probably use it over a darker lipstick shade for a bit of gloss (like I said this product doesn't look or feel very matte to me).  This retails  for £15.50 for a set of 3.
 
Finally, there is Molton Brown Ylang Ylang nourishing body lotion 30ml.  Its always nice to receive a Molton Brown product as they are too expensive for me to buy regularly.  This has a nice subtle fragrance and leaves my skin feeling nicely moisturised.
 
There was one more item which is not in the photo.  It was Green & Blacks White Chocolate.  This was a mini chocolate bar that I have to admit lasted about 30 seconds after I opened the box.  I don't usually like white chocolate, but this was nice stuff without being too sickly sweet.
 
There was also a magazine included and a card with details of the products included in the box.
 
I was really happy with this box and I am looking forward to next months box.
 
If you are interested in subscribing I have a referral link http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=1387.  (I get 50 points worth £5 credited to my account if you join).  If you join before 30th September 2013 it will only cost £10 and shipping will be free on your first box. Quote SUMMERBONUS at the checkout stage.
 
Leighlee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Disney Chip Purse Giveaway

Skinny Tan Giveaway

Da'Dude Da'Wax Ultra Strong Hold Hair Styling Wax Review & Giveaway