September 2013 Birchbox Review

I know its a little bit late but I thought that I would still review the September Birchbox.  I really can't fault Birchbox, they present their boxes so well and there are always interesting products included.  I have been subscribed for well over a year and I can't remember being disappointed with any box that I have received, which is pretty good going.  Here's a photo of the contents.


First up is Reverence de Bastien Nail Polish I think the shade is called No8 and its a bright bubblegum pink (its brighter than the photo above) which is quite nice although more suited to summer I guess.  I haven't tried this out yet but it says it needs 2 coats.  This is a full size product and costs £16.00.
 
Next is a mini bottle of Bioderma H2O - 20ml.  I think its great that a beauty box has finally included a cult product like this.  I already have a couple of bottles in my stash, but its a great product and I will take this with me when I go away for the weekend.
 
Mystic Diamond Argan Oil from Eva Cosmetics.  I have never heard of this brand, but I like hair oil so I was happy to receive this product.  It says that it includes diamond powder to add shine.
 
Another full size product - Model Co Party Proof Matte Lipstick in Kitty. Now I am no expert on matte lipsticks as I find them too drying for my lips, but this is quite shiny so is the opposite of matte.  That being said it is a very sheer nude colour that feels quite moisturising, so I will probably use it over a darker lipstick shade for a bit of gloss (like I said this product doesn't look or feel very matte to me).  This retails  for £15.50 for a set of 3.
 
Finally, there is Molton Brown Ylang Ylang nourishing body lotion 30ml.  Its always nice to receive a Molton Brown product as they are too expensive for me to buy regularly.  This has a nice subtle fragrance and leaves my skin feeling nicely moisturised.
 
There was one more item which is not in the photo.  It was Green & Blacks White Chocolate.  This was a mini chocolate bar that I have to admit lasted about 30 seconds after I opened the box.  I don't usually like white chocolate, but this was nice stuff without being too sickly sweet.
 
There was also a magazine included and a card with details of the products included in the box.
 
I was really happy with this box and I am looking forward to next months box.
 
If you are interested in subscribing I have a referral link http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=1387.  (I get 50 points worth £5 credited to my account if you join).  If you join before 30th September 2013 it will only cost £10 and shipping will be free on your first box. Quote SUMMERBONUS at the checkout stage.
 
Leighlee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe