NYX Cosmetics Haul

Thankfully NYX Cosmetics are now available in my local Boots branch in Leeds, but it was not as easily available prior to my Holiday in May, so I was happy to pick up some NYX Cosmetic products on my recent trip to Orlando.  I visited an Ulta Beauty store and here's what I bought.
NYX Cosmetics Haul
NYX Lip Primer in Nude ($6.99) - This is a clear balm in pencil form that is very easy to use and primes your lips prior to applying lip products.  I use it before liquid lipsticks as I have quite dry lips and it works really well, to keep the product from drying out my lips and stopping it from looking patchy.

NYX Eye Shadow Base in Skin Tone ($6.99) - This is a creamy concealer like product. I applied it with a brush on my eyelids and also used it as a concealer under my eyes and I found that it brightens the dark areas under my eyes and does not cake and crease.  I have applied powder eyeshadow and cream eyeshadow over this base and it definitely enhanced the staying power of both products.  I have quite oily eyelids so I wasn't sure if this sort of creamy product would work for me, but it really did help my eyeshadow stay in place and avoid creasing. 
NYX Eye Shadow Base
A swatch of the NYX Eye Shadow Base
NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Push-Up ($6.99) - I have wanted to try out a liquid lipstick for ages, but I really wasn't sure if they would work for me as I have dry lips and I get through a lot of lip balm trying to keep them looking smooth and feeling moisturised.  I needn't have worried as this nude liquid lipstick applies really well and it doesn't dry out my lips instantly.  I used the NYX Lip Primer underneath and the liquid lipstick lasted really well and did not go patchy at all. Push-Up is a pink nude colour, rather than a yellow nude so it doesn't wash me out. Considering that a lot of brands charge $20 or more for liquid lipsticks, this NYX product at $6.99 is a bargain and you can afford to buy more than one.  One thing to note is that I was wearing this product while eating and drinking, so I wiped my mouth a few times and the lipstick stayed put.
NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick Push-Up
A swatch of  NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick Push-Up
Overall I am really impressed with all of these products especially for the price. As usual they are more expensive in the UK.  The Lip Lingerie is £6.50, the Lip Primer is £6 and the Eye Shadow Base is £5.50.

I will definitely buy some more NYX products when my spending ban has finished.

What NYX products have you bought?

Leighlee
I bought these products with my own money




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe