Aldi Dr PawPaw Original Balm Dupe

The Aldi Lacura PawPaw + Macadamia Nut Oil Multipurpose Soothing Ointment is very obviously a dupe for Dr PawPaw Original Balm which I already own so I was interested in comparing the two products.

Aldi Dr PawPaw Original Balm Dupe
The Aldi product costs £1.49 for 25g. Its a very thick balm which has a really nice nutty fragrance. It can be used to help relieve skin dryness, help with the itchiness of insect bites and for smoothing brows and baby hairs. In all honesty I just used it as a lip balm and on my very dry elbows. I doesn't have the best taste, but it works well.

The Dr PawPaw Original Balm costs £3.95 for 10ml and again has a wide variety of uses including relief of dry irritated skin, moisturise lips, nails, cuticles and dry cracked skin such as hands, heels and elbows. This product has an angled applicator whereas the Aldi one is just flat. Its not as thick and has no fragrance or taste.

Overall, I think I prefer the Dr PawPaw balm to the Aldi version as I find Dr PawPaw to be more moisturising and hydrating on my lips, plus it doesn't have the unpleasant taste to it. You do get plenty of product from Aldi for the money, but I don't think I will buy it again.

 Leigh💜

I purchased these products with my own money


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe